Thursday, February 12, 2015

Photo Essay Design Plan

Design Plan for Photo Essay

Purpose:

I would like my classmates and peers to at least think about going to the "Field Museum" at some point during their life. I want them to see all the history and treasures that are housed there. The Field Museum is a very special place and should be one of the great tourist and educational attractions of the world.
Medium:
  I will be using photographs. I want my photographs to show my audience the elegance of the all historical and present day artifacts that are on display at the Field Museum. I plan on going to the Field Museum on a Sunday afternoon and simply just taking pictures of the main attractions of the museum. I will be using my iPhone and then emailing them to myself so I can then copy and paste them from my email account to my Keynote presentation. In regards to my keynote presentation, I will use Avenir font with the font size ranging from 10 - 30 pt, based on the amount shape I have to write captions. My keynotes will also be all black with the pictures and captions towards the middle of the slides. Just to clarify, Keynotes can be converted to Microsoft Powerpoint so there should be no compatibility issues.
Strategies:
Ethos: To build good credibility, I will put serious effort into taking good pictures and doing research on many of the artifacts I choose to show within my photo essay. I want my pictures to be clear and concise. They will be big enough so they are easy to analyze. I also want to know the basic history and information about each artifact. I will achieve this by asking questions at the museum about the displays I don’t completely understand. 
Pathos: I want my keynote presentation to make people feel that the Field Museum is not just a boring school building. I will achieve this by explaining why some of the artifacts are significant to life on Earth and the history behind them. I also want my presentation to be easy to understand and not like feel a college level science or social studies class.
Logos: My photo essay is based on basic research and pictures I have taken at the Field Museum. I want to be able to give and explain the main facts of each artifact and be able to describe the pictures I took as well. I will achieve this by taking good pictures and knowing the basic information about the artifacts I am presenting. I want my audience to be able to recognize and/or know something about the main attractions of the Field Museum after watching and reading through my photo essay.
Arrangement: 
I will arrange my photo essay in a coherent and simplistic way. I will open up with a title slide and follow that with one or two slides that summarize each of main attractions at the museum. I will make sure I have between eight and ten slides of information. My first slide after the title will contain my narrative. In regards to the pictures, I want the pictures to be set up in a way that is easiest for my audience to understand. I will make sure the pictures are not bunched up and towards the middle of the slides, which means they may be manipulated in some way so they fit the slide. I will also put some sort of caption under each picture. The captions will be directly next to each picture. Their length will range from a simply phase to small paragraph, based what the picture is.
Testing:

I will test my photo essay and everything about it during the peer review process. I want someone else other than me to read my photo essay and see if it makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment